Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Oatmeal Raisin and Nut Cookies

I don’t think oat is for only children, like this cookie, it’s welcomed by everyone in my family. The original recipe is coming from..................but you should know me by now that too much sweet is not my type (but I have to admit that oatmeal cookie need a bit sweet). I reduce the sugar and add a lot of nut, so this is an oatmeal cookie that will give you a crunchy and lightly sweet. When coming out of the oven it will soft but don’t be panic, it will be firm when cool.

Oatmeal Raisin and Nut Cookies
Makes 3 dozen cookies


260 g
ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
7 g
BAKING SODA
4 g
GROUND CINNAMON
6 g
SALT
340 g
UNSALTED BUTTER
80 g
SUGAR
390 g
BROWN SUGAR
140 g
EGGS
7.5 ml
VANILLA EXTRACT
260 g
ROLLED OATS
170 g
DARK RAISINS
100 g
CHOPPED NUT
1. Line sheet pans with parchment.
2 Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
3. Cream the butter and sugars on medium speed with a paddle attachment, scraping down the bowl periodically, until the mixture is smooth and light in color, about 7 minutes. Blend the eggs and vanilla and add to the butter-sugar mixture in three additions, mixing until fully incorporated after each addition and scraping down the bowl as needed. On low speed, mix in the sifted dry ingredients and the oats, nut and raisins until just incorporated.
4. Scale the dough into 2-oz/57-g portions and arrange on the prepared sheet pans in even rows.
5 Bake at 375°F/190°C until the cookies are light golden brown, about 1 2 minutes. Allow to cool slightly on the pans. Transfer to racks and cool completely.

5 comments:

  1. I like almost every kinds of Oatmeal Cookies. These cookies are so yummy especially you put a lot of nuts!!!

    I wish I could have for my breakfast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love oatmeal,too and a lot of nut make these cookie's so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I just tried this recipe. Can I enquire if this cookie is chewy or crispy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Ivy
    This one is a chewy kind of cookie.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...