Thursday, September 22, 2011

Moelleux à la crème de marrons: Crème de marrons cupcakes

I have a bad habit, I always buy a lot of stuffs from supermarket and forget about it completely -*-. Well, I want to prepare myself so I buy everything that I think I want to do, and yes, sometimes it's too much.

 I just saw that I had a tin of Crème de marrons in the back of my cupboard and its life will end soon, haha. But I didn't want to make anything elaborate, somethings easy and delicious is a great choice. I searched the web for some interesting recipe and I came across this one.It's very easy and the results is good ^^. I think that good and delicious recipe will be better when you share it with other people. It's a great recipe for anyone who have a tin of Crème de marrons (you may buy it because you want to use it in some kind of Pâtisserie Style dessert but feel a bit lazy to do it at last, like me, haha). So, don't let it sit and wait for you in the back of your cupboard, there is a great and easy way to turn it into something delicious without using a lot of time (everything will be stirred in one bowl ^^). 
Note: I use fairy cake paper cup, it's not as deep as the muffin cup and if you use the muffin tin you will get less pieces and the baking time will be more, check by using the bamboo stick. Poke in the center of the cake if there isn't any wet cake batter stick to it, it's done.





Moelleux à la crème de marrons
(Chestnut cream cup cake)
Make 7-8 (Fairy cake cup)

200g ................................ Crème de marrons
50ml ............................... Crème fraîche
1 ....................................... Egg
50g .................................. Cake flour
.......................................... A pinch of salt
15g .................................. Unsalted butter, melted
¾ tsp............................... Baking powder
½ tsp .............................. Vanilla extract
100g ................................ Whipping cream
10g ................................... Icing sugar
40g ................................... Walnut or cooked chestnut, chopped


Preheat the oven to 200°C 
Place fairy cake paper cases in the tins.
Sift cake flour and baking powder together, set aside.
Beat egg,   Crème de marronsCrème fraîche and salt together until smooth.
Pour the flour into the mixture and whisk to combine, follow by melted butter and vanilla extract. The mixture will be smooth.


Divide the batter into prepared tins and bake for 18-20 minutes.
Let the cake cool completely over a wire rack.
Whip the whipping cream with icing sugar and decorate the cake with whipped cream and chopped walnut or chestnut. 
Moelleux à la crème de marrons: 
Crème de marrons cupcakes

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I just same as you, like to buy everything (=prepare) in supermarket. BTW, do you know where can I get Crème de marrons, Crème fraîche? Do you store these cupcakes in Fridge? Any suggestion to make cupcake toppings which do not require store in fridge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and looks very delicious too!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...