Monday, October 17, 2011

Green tea Dacquoise: Delicious sandwich cookies

For my sister, she loves everything with the buttercream, ^^. So, after I decided to make the butter cream  from "................................" I need something to accompany it, haha. 
Actually, my sister asked me why don't I use the Matcha macaron from the same book, I have to say that I want to try  "Green tea Dacquoise" from the book ................... too. Because my friend once told me that it tastes so good, I must give it a try. But I have so many things to try, haha. So it took me a long long time, until I'm ready to make this one.
The Dacquoise can be used as a cake layer, or as a cookies on its own ^^ (the amount of the ingredients will be different, depends on the texture of the dacquoise that you want). Mostly it made from egg whites, sugar, icing sugar and almond. The one that I made this time, seems like a rustic kind of macaron (in my own opinion, hehe) but it's a lot easier to make and it gives you more mouthful feeling and less sweet than macaron too.
You can add many kinds of flavor into the dacquoise batter, or in the buttercream, with your imagination, the variety that you can create is endless.
This time I had a chance to use my dacquoise mold, that I got it for almost 2 years by now, haha. I already told you that I love to collect all the kitchen gadgets and equipment, but I don't want to keep it "I want to use them ALL!" But if you don't want to  buy the mold , just pipe your dacquoise into a disc, it will be great too. 
The dacquoise will be done when it's puff, soft on the inside and firm on the outside, don't bake it too long or it will be hard. Finally I did it, the Green tea Dacquoise, and if you ask me is it as good as my friend said, I have too say, "very good!", now it's your turn to try it too ^^.






Green tea Dacquoise 
Makes 16-18 pairs

Green tea Dacquoise
180g ................................ Almond powder
80g .................................. Icing sugar
10g ................................... Green tea powder
40g .................................. Superfine sugar
2g ..................................... Egg white powder
200g ................................ Egg whites
.......................................... Icing sugar for dusting 
Green tea buttercream
300g ................................ Any kind of butter that you like (You can choose from this page, I use La crème au beurre)
10g ................................... Green tea powder


Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Line baking sheet with baking paper or silicone baking liner.
Sift almond powder, icing sugar and Green tea powder, together twice.
 Make French meringue by whipping the egg whites, egg white powder until foamy then add the superfine sugar. Whip until glossy, stiff peaks form.
 Fold the almond mixture into the meringue. 
Put the mixture into a piping bag with large nozzle.
Pipe into 3.5cm disc or in Dacquoise ring.
Dust with icing sugar twice.
Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Let them cool completely.
Make the green tea buttercream by beating the green tea powder into the buttercream.
Sandwich the dacquoise with the buttercream, and refrigerate until ready to serve.


Green tea Dacquoise: Delicious sandwich cookies

7 comments:

  1. Pook, this dacquoise mould is really nice.. where did u get it ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green always looks good. Looks very enticing. I should try this.

    Green tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pook, may I know which shop did you get it in Japan? Is the dacquoise mould is through hole?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Audrey
    My friend bought it form me I really don't know the name of the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, do you bake your dacquiose together with the dacquiose mould into the oven? Or how you gonna shape it perfectly?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Kaw Mandy
    No, I removed it before baking, after shaping it will stay in that shape.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...