Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Easy Macadamia Shortbread

 Last week, I had my kitchen wall fixed, so I didn't do anything much and it's a bit bored, haha. Well, after a week, my kitchen returned to normal again.
I spent most of my time reading, playing game and eating out with my friend. It's not easy for me to be away from my kitchen, it's my castle. But it's a good opportunity, because I had a good time finding new idea and recipe when eating out too.  
Even I have a lot of fancy idea or recipe, I always think that baking something easy is the best, it takes less time so you can bake many things in 1 day, ^^ and most of them are family's favourite. Many kinds of cake or cookie can be bake in less than 30 minutes. 
Today I make one of the easiest cookie "shortbread". You don't have to beat the butter or sift the flour mixture, just whisk and mix, that's all. Macadamia goes well with buttery taste, it makes this shortbread rich and nutty in a good way. 
When making shortbread, I like to cut and prick it before baking and do it again when it almost done. Prick it before putting it in the oven prevent the cookie to puff up and the pre-cut line make it easier to cut into beautiful pieces when finish. 
This recipe seen a lot but it's not, it's so additive and you can't stop eating it when you start. Serve it with tea, coffee, milk or even a glass of water, it will be delicious anyway, haha.


Easy Macadamia Shortbread 
Make 20x20cm  


90g .......................... Granulated sugar
80g .......................... Corn starch
260g ........................ All purpose flour
1/4 tsp ..................... Salt
100g ........................ Macadamia nuts, toasted and finely chopped
250g ........................ Unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1tsp ......................... Vanilla extract
................................. Superfine sugar, for sprinkle over the cookies

Preheat the oven to 170 C, fan forced or 190C convention oven.
Line 20x20cm cake pan with baking paper.
  
 Put flour, sugar, salt, corn starch, macadamia nuts into a bowl, whisk to combine.

Pour the melted butter and vanilla extract into the bowl.

 Mix to combine.
 Until fully combined.

 Press the dough into the prepared pan, smooth the surface.
Cut into pieces and prick with fork and sprinkle with superfine sugar.
Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.

Remove from the oven and cut into pieces and prick with fork again.
Return to the oven and bake for 15 minutes more or until golden brown.
Remove from the oven, sprinkle with superfine sugar and let the shortbread cool completely in a pan on a wire rack.


Easy Macadamia Shortbread 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...