Monday, December 21, 2015

Curry hot pot, カレー鍋 (Kare-nabe)

Last week, I made nan, and some of the reader talk to me about the curry, and I said that do you want to eat curry hot pot, and they said "Yes". 
 So, it's my responsibility to share this recipe ^^. Actually, a difference form the simple one is the base of this hot pot is a curry, that made from Japanese curry roux. The taste of the curry is not the same as the one using curry powder, it's quite rich and with a hint of sweetness. 
You can use any brand and any strength, this time I use the sweet one because my niece want to eat this curry hot pot with me. For the ingredients, you can use anything you like, but I really recommend thinly slice pork belly, it's very good with this soup.
If you like you can set it as a party, place the pan in the center of the table and cook the ingredients while eating.

Curry hot pot, カレー鍋 (Kare-nabe)
Serve 3-4 people 


Curry soup
1200ml ............................... Water
115g .................................... Japanese Curry roux
1 1/2tbsp ............................. Dashi powder (Japanese fish stock powder) 
60ml .................................... Shoyu (Japanese soy sauce)
60ml .................................... Mirin
30ml .................................... Sake
300g .................................... Potato, peeled and cut into small pieces
100g .................................... Carrot, peeled and cut into small pieces

Ingrdients of your choice ^^
I use thinly sliced pork belly, pak choi, tofu, mushrooms and sausages. 


 This time I use sweet curry roux, because my niece want to eat with me ^^.




 Pour the water into a medium pan, and place over medium heat until it become boil.
Add the curry roux and stir until melt.


 Pour, shoyu, mirin, sake and dashi powder into the pan, stir to mix.


 Add potato and carrot, then cover and let it simmering for 5 minutes.


 Put vegetables,
 and other ingredients into the pan. Cover and let it boil for 5 minutes, before serving.


Or you can slowly cook at the table and add the ingredients while eating, enjoy!



Curry hot pot, カレー鍋 (Kare-nabe)

1 comment:

  1. just asking... do u have any special recipe for seafood tom yam or som tam?

    can u share it with us? becoz i love tom yam and som tam very much!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...